Remodel part of aggressive $200 million capital investment across the Houston area
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s Main Campus is undergoing a $30 million expansion and renovation that will enhance patient care and add new services for those seeking comprehensive, coordinated cancer treatment. This expansion is part of a nearly $200 million capital investment Kelsey-Seybold will make in the Houston area by early 2015.
Clinic expansion will consist of construction of a new 48,000-square-foot wing on the west side of the Clinic near Brompton Street. When completed in the spring of 2015, the new addition will house:
- The nationally accredited Kelsey-Seybold Cancer Center comprised of:
- A new Radiation Therapy Center, featuring Varian’s True Beam™, an accurate and more precise treatment system that minimizes exposure to nearby healthy tissue,
- A new PET CT suite for diagnostic testing and treatment planning,
- Expanded area for Hematology/Oncology,
- Expanded Infusion Center brightened by large window views, as well as
- Executive Health services.
- Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery services.
- Neurology services.
“We’re pleased to bring Radiation Therapy services to our Cancer Center – where ‘Healing Happens Here’ – and to grow other specialties and diagnostic services. This expansion will foster greater collaboration between Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, General Surgery, Breast Reconstruction – post mastectomy, Urology and Pulmonary Medicine,” said Tejash “TJ” Patel, M.D., Chief, Kelsey-Seybold Cancer Center.
“Our focus remains on providing Houston families with high-quality, coordinated care that’s convenient and compassionate,” said Brinda Springfield, Director of Ambulatory Care Operation. “The Main Campus expansion is a huge undertaking that we are all excited about. The new services that will be offered will complement our current amenities and will help us meet the increased demand from our patients. These new additions will truly build on the cohesiveness of our current offerings.”
Throughout construction, patients will have access to:
- 360 free, self-parking spaces.
- Free valet service, available in the garage breezeway.
- Patient pickup and drop-off only – located at the west back entrance.